Avoiding Big Sur Landslides and Forest Fires!

Today (7/19), I rode "inland" up into California rather than hug the coast. It was my plan, as much as possible, to go up Hwy 1 as far as I could. Mother Nature had other plans. The recent land slides at Big Sur and the Forest Fires kept me off of the southern coast of California. It was disappointing, but I decided to do other stuff instead. I set a course to the Pinnacles National Park in central California.
I was contacted by Ruth Greer, who wanted to catch up with me on the journey. I worked for Jerry Greer who was the Radiological Controls Operations Supervisor at Westinghouse/Bettis Atomic Power Lab in the early 90s at NPTU Charleston. I haven't seen the Greers since I left Westinghouse in 1994, so it's been 23 years. I thought originally that they lived in Utah, and was planning to see them on the return trip, but they had moved to Bakersfield, CA a few years ago. So, I routed today's trip through Bakersfield and had lunch with Jerry and Ruth Greer. It was great to catch up.
The Pinnacles ended up being a great place to stay. I had electric hookups so I could recharge my phone and iPad, but I had NO SERVICE, so I remained unplugged. I was able to check in with Kelly via my ATT Phone Card (which has come in handy). My thoughts for today are lingering around being alone with no service. Not being connected via internet or cell service for me is challenging and anxiety producing. Much of my life revolves around being connected. I have a very cool t-shirt that says Prayer = the best wireless connection ever! Isn't that the truth. So, even though I wasn't "connected" I was really still connected to what matters!

The scripture says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6 NIV) 



Challenge for Self: Allow yourself to be more comfortable "unplugged" from the world and technology and more "plugged in" to the REAL wireless connection!

Challenge for Trinity: What are you anxious about? Try handling it with prayer and petition to God. You might be surprised at the outcome.

Comments

This Week!

Missouri on Route 66

Ohio!

God's Paintbrush!

Down to the South East Corner of Washington

Getting Psyched! - Day 0

Seaside Monday!

Walking in Memphis (for the Weekend)